1 a light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts); the main sources are rutile and ilmenite [syn: titanium, atomic number 22]
2 shrub with terminal tufts of elongated leaves used locally for thatching and clothing; thick sweet roots are used as food; tropical southeastern Asia, Australia and Hawaii [syn: Cordyline terminalis]
Etymology 2From ki.
- The "good luck plant", Cordyline fruticosa, an evergreen shrub.
EtymologyFrom , from .
EtymologyFrom , from .
EtymologyFrom the same root, as the Finnish pronoun te.
TI (or "Ti", "ti" or "T.I.") is an abbreviation that can mean:
- Titanium (as "Ti"), the chemical element of atomic number 22.
- Taiwan independence, a political movement.
- Texas Instruments, an American electronics company.
- Toastmasters International, an international public speaking organization.
- T.I. (born 1980), an American hip-hop artist.
- "Tall Israeli", a slur implicitly directed at Jewish record executive Lyor Cohen by rapper Mos Def in his song "The Rape Over" from The New Danger. "TI" has since been continually used by popular hip-hop blogger Byron "Bol" Crawford to refer to record executives in the hip-hop industry.
- Acronis True Image, at times referred to as TI - is a disk imaging program.
- Thermal instability
- Thursday Island, an island in the Torres Strait.
- Ticino, a canton (federated state) of Switzerland.
- Tiger Inn, a Princeton University eating club.
- Tol Air, IATA airline designator.
- Transparency International, an international organisation devoted to fighting corruption.
- Treasure Island Hotel and Casino (as "ti"), an American hotel and casino resort in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Thermal imaging.
- The Times Independent, a local newspaper in Moab, Utah.
- Tennant Improvements, the interior aesthetic components of a commercial building's construction, especially where leased.
- TI Group, a former British company that owned specialist engineering companies
- Time immemorial.
- Twilight Imperium, a series of board games released by Fantasy Flight Games.
- The Treason of Isengard, a book by Christopher Tolkien
- Ti, the tumor-inducing plasmid harbored by some Agrobacterium tumefaciens strains or biovars. Also abbreviated pTi.
- Toxic injury, a chronic increase in sensitivity to common chemicals also known as multiple chemical sensitivity.
Ti (or "Tī", or "T'i") as a word can mean:
- "Ti" (see Solfege), a musical note on the diatonic scale.
- Ti (plant), the plant Cordyline fruticosa.
- Ti, the Norfolk Island or Three Kings cabbage tree Cordyine obtecta.
- Tī kouka, the New Zealand cabbage tree.
- T'i, "substance" in Chinese.
- Tyr (as "Ti" from Old Swedish), the deity of Norse mythology.
- Ti, an abbreviation for the IEEE prefix tebi which represents 240.
- "ti" Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
ti in Czech: TI
ti in Danish: Ti
ti in German: TI
ti in Spanish: TI
ti in Esperanto: Ti
ti in French: TI
ti in Korean: TI
ti in Italian: TI
ti in Dutch: TI
ti in Japanese: TI
ti in Polish: TI
ti in Portuguese: TI
ti in Kölsch: TI (Watt ėßß datt?)
ti in Slovak: TI
ti in Finnish: Ti
ti in Swedish: TI
ti in Chinese: TI